Currently there are no open positions. Resumes are always accepted at: email@example.com
Job Type: Intern
Department: Business Development
Location: Austin, Texas
Start Date: May/June 2011
Provide software and business analysis support for the development of a custom solar software solution. Product will provide a new entry into the solar market to capture the solar supply chain and implementation process for the residential to the commercial and industrial customer. The intern will be exposed to the solar and power industry, .net programming, SQL, and a number of custom programming and business analysis projects.
1. Business Analysis
a. Ability to develop, document, and synthesis concepts into requirements and designs
b. Ability to take requirements and create test scripts and test cases
c. Ability to provide high level concept information and boil it down to specific deliverables and requirements
a. Ability to understand and code in .net
b. Ability to understand and code in SQL
c. Ability to quickly pick up new coding and test
d. Ability to support custom development
3. Provide general IT support for the office as needed
Suggested education, experience and skills:
1. 4 year CIS or equivalent degree, in progress (junior or senior preferred) or completed
2. Proficiency in multiple programming languages
3. Proficiency in database languages
4. Proficiency in software development lifecycles
5. Experience with custom software development a plus
6. Knowledge of solar or power markets and systems a plus
7. Ability to think on your feet and provide new and innovative ideas on how the solution could change the industry
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL RESUMES & COVER LETTERS FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION TO ERIN@RRESOLAR.COM
RRE Austin Solar is a renewable energy project developer. RRE works within all markets of residential, commercial, and utility scale solar investments. RRE Power, the parent company of RRE Austin Solar, plans to build 500MW of solar farms by 2015 and has already begun this process with their groundbreaking at the Pflugerville Solar Farm in December 2010. RRE Power intends to achieve it's goals by establishing mutually beneficial partnerships with communities, electric utilities, educational institutions and work force development providers. RRE Power strives to ensure the maximum return on investment for its investors and the personal growth of its employees. The company is dedicated to utilizing local labor, expertise and vendors whenever possible and building every project with innovative technology and state of the art equipment.
Responsible for developing, interpreting, and implementing financial concepts into financial models designed to analyze new Solar PV & Thermal investments for RRE Solar.
1. Develop and maintain financial models for Solar PV & Thermal that forecast detailed profit and loss, cash flows, and balance sheets ranging from simple residential to complex utility scale solar energy projects.
2. Work closely with all RRE team members, consultants, and project partners to determine appropriate modeling assumptions, sensitivities and structuring.
3. Responsible for ensuring that all assumptions and modeling are reasonable and accurate.
4. Perform financial analysis to determine present and future financial performance, returns and cash impacts.
5. Gather, analyze, prepare, and summarize recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, future requirements, operating forecasts, etc.
6. Make sure that the model accurately reflects the terms and conditions of the key project documents e.g. PPA, O&M, EPC etc.
7. Offer creative and supportable ideas/solutions to the development team during the bidding or structuring process of a transaction.
8. Work in a high-pressure, dynamic environment with multiple aggressive deadlines.
9. Support other employees and perform administrative work as needed.
1. BS Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or related field; MBA also preferred.
2. 2 or more years of experience in energy-related financial modeling, preferably in the renewable energy sector.
3. Ability to multi-task with precision.
4. Good communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
6. Proficient with MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, etc.
7. Ability to travel.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL RESUMES & COVER LETTERS FOR THIS POSITION TO CAT@RRESOLAR.COM